It's always a great pleasure to fulfil drummers utmost wishes. Years ago I restored an old Meazzi Jolly bassdrum for my old friend and drummer Walter Bittner. By that time he told that he'd love to have a complete set of this warmsounding drums. In 2020 I found this nice Jolly Bopset and knew what to do!
Although the drumset was in nice condition, a few parts had to be sourced. The drums were completely overhauled, incl. fixing the bearing edges and some hardware issues. The resohoop is an new one, which has to be beveled to fit the slightly oversized shell and heads.
Meazzi Jolly 14"x5,5" snaredrum modification
The baseplate is the weak point of the snare strainer. They tend to break at the hinge point. Attempts to replace the cast part with 3D-printed part failed. So I decided to put this nice Inde Lab throw, which fits nicely with the Artdeco style design of the drums. To avoid boring additional wholes I've designed mounting adapter, also made with a 3D-printer.
Pics from the Workbench
Here are some details of the strainer repair. The Meazzi comes with M5 hexagonal tension rods. Due to lack of an appropriate tuning key, I made one out of a wrench socket.
The drums in action